Saturday, September 3, 2016

Don't Forget Pluto!


I know these stamps came out a while ago, but it wasn't until recently that I finally got my hands on them.  When the announcement for the "Views of Our Planets" came out, it was announced that Pluto was going to be included.  I was glad Pluto wasn't forgotten!  For me Pluto will always be the 9th planet.


But as I was looking through the stamp binder at the Post Office, I couldn't find Pluto on the sheet of 16 stamps.  It wasn't until I got to the end of the binder when a little page of 4 stamps, two Pluto and two of a satellite, almost fell out.

There Pluto was!

All by its lonesome.

Categorized in the "explored" category, emphasis on its downgrade:

Space rock!

Pluto is a beautiful, perfect sphere of space rock.

Well, on the bright side he wasn't forgotten.

And Pluto, to me you will always be more than a piece of space rock.


Other stamps I picked up.



I love the Delicate Arch and time-lapsed stars stamp.


And Shirley Temple!  A while back I picked up a set of her movies, not sure if it's the complete set, but I need to show them to the Nieces, in black and white!  I need to give them a history of film.  And somewhere I have the complete Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger movies.  They need to see those too!  And Singing in the Rain.  They need to see Singing in the Rain.  Moses Supposes :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment