Friday, January 22, 2016

January 2016 POPSUGAR Must Have Box Review and Thoughts


 DRUM-ROLL!!!!  I like this month better then last month

 POPSUGAR Must Have is a monthly subscription lifestyle box for gals.  The cost is $39.95 a month, free shipping, but it's cheaper when you subscribe with a 3, 6, or 12 months subscription.  On any month you can receive goodies for home, a book, fitness, snack, makeup, pampering, fashion, etc.  You never know what you're going to get, only that it will be fun and worth around $100, give or take a little.


 The Big Reveal!




 The handy information.



 I've heard so much about The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, which I thumbed through at the bookstore but didn't buy.  My sister-in-law is obsessed with that book and talks about it often.  I'm interested in the method, but nervous, as I'm no hoarder, but a pack-rat.  A sentimental pack-rat.  After looking through the pages I'm inspired to go through all me things again and tidy up some more.  Get more organized.  This has become my favorite item in the box.


 The illustrations in this master class are so cute!

The rabbit on the right pretty much sums up how I feel about my books.


 Patchology FlashMasque Trio, $20

I've been wanting to try a face mask sheet for some time, but never justified buying one, so I was thrilled when I found out we were going to get facial sheets in the January box.  Each sheet, one for revitalizing, hydrating, and illuminating, only takes 5 minutes to work, and requires no rinsing.



 Blue Sky Day Designer Weekly Planner, $15.99

I'm not a big fan of getting planners in the January box.  It seems pointless, especially since this box came so late in the month.  I'm already using a planner.


 With that said, I'm going to make this planner an exclusive Talea Studios book to keep the progress on projects more organized.  To make sure large and mini goals are kept in check.

I've read on forums that some people are going to use the planner for meal organization and exercise.



This item goes right along with the theme of organization, and I think it's cool Pehr Designs gave us the larger size, not the smaller.  This bin is well made and sturdy, yet easily collapsible for easy storing if not in use.  A nice, unique item for a subscription box.




This item makes me upset.  Not because it's shower gel, I love shower gel and these are nice scents, but because of what they're claiming this set is worth: $22.  Not Soap, Radio has a shower gel set with 7 bottles at 2 oz. each for $22.  You can buy a single 2 oz. bottle in any scent for $3.  And yet this set of 5 one ounce shower gels is valued at $22.

I appreciate the item.  I don't appreciate dishonesty.


 Project & INC Summer Snow Sugar Free Gum, $1.99

I'm cutting back on sugar, so sugar-free gum is a nice snack item this month.  It's sweetened with maltitol, which you must be careful with in large doses, but as a small food item it's fine.  I wish the flavor of the gum lasted longer.

SPECIAL EXTRA!


Chapstick Total Hydration 100% Natural Soothing Vanilla – Value $2.99

I won't complain about getting more chaptick.  This time of year you can never own too many!!

So overall this was a good month.  The items go together nicely, and I like the theme: Organization with a little relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment