Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day

 

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine,
desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." ~ Washington Irving


I feel so blessed to be descended from some truly amazing women.

From my Granny I saw an example of Christ like love.  Her ability to love was extraordinary.  Everyone she met she wore a smile (she was named in High School as the girl with the most beautiful smile).  I miss her dearly.

From my Grandmother I've learned the importance of being a peacemaker and forgiveness, for which I struggle with both!  Her ability to forgive and forget, humility in the process, is beautiful.

And from my Mother I've witnessed incredible courage and selfless service.  With all she's been through, her faith in the Gospel and Christ, unshaken, is so inspiring to me.  Her strength to be strong in crises has taught me so much.  And my Mother's ability to selflessly serve and forgive is incredible.

Thank you to the beautiful women I call Mothers.

Thank you for your incredible examples and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment