Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dying Palms

After a week in Ventura CA, and a couple days in St. George UT, I'm finally coming home.  Home!  I miss my bed.

But these last couple days in St. George has been interesting.

All the palm trees are dead.  All of them.  We theorize it was the great freeze from last November that did it, though we could be wrong.

But still, driving around it's hard not noticing all the dead palms.  What's sad is that I never realized how many palm trees there are here.  (I'm in St. George as I type this out on my phone.)

You don't realize what you have till its gone.

2 comments:

  1. Weird. I don't think I've ever seen St. George like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really sad to see. Every-Single-Palm-Tree. Yellow. Hard to ignore. It'll be interesting to see if anything is going to be done. Or if they'll stay planted.

      Delete