Monday, August 20, 2012

The Vogue Tome

(A phone book sitting next to the September issue of Vogue)

Today I was surprised to find the latest issue of Vogue in the mail, which is one of the many magazines I subscribe to.  What is even more amazing was how thick it is!  It's the 120 year anniversary for the magazine plus the Fall Fashion preview in one.  I put our local phone book right next to this months Vogue to prove how big it is!        

Why is it so thick?  Ads.  You don't even get to the table of contents until page 76.  But I'm strange, I actually like looking at the ads.  Now, if you don't like ads, you'll probably get very annoyed, quick.  Fashion spreads are hidden amongst the advertisements, and sense ads don't have page numbers, it's hard finding the few articles that exist, as they get lost in this tome.   

It was fun seeing some vintage photos, I just wish there were more images to look at.  With the thickness of the magazine I was expecting a little more on the 120 year subject.

I haven't read any of it yet, just thumbed through.  The magazine's got some weight.

Below is the September Vogue issue sitting right next to the August issue.


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment